If you have volleyball shoes, and by chance they get dirty or damaged from somewhere, replacing them would cost you a lot. Therefore, there are so many ways to take care of your volleyball shoes by some methods. In this article, we are going to show you how to clean Volleyball Shoes if they get dirty, also we will show you the washing methods of volleyball shoes to make them clean and neat.
Removing every dirt from your outsole of shoes also needs to maintain traction when you are wearing them. On the other hand, the dirt and damaged area will also affect your volleyball shoes as a result, there would be a loss in your performance as well.
There are some methods through which you can easily make them clean just in some time:
1- Remove the Smell before Cleaning Them
- In the first step you need your shoes to get dry, also you need to remove the moisture in your shoes by putting them under the sunlight. Also, remove the shoelaces, and pull the tongue out of your shoes for better ventilation of air between the outsole and inner sole of your shoes.
- Take some old clothes or a pair of socks with baking soda. Place those two pairs of clothes inside volleyball shoes. Keep that shocked pair of cloth with baking soda overnight. This procedure will remove the Distinct smell, or odor of smell from your shoes as baking soda absorbs all the smell from it.
- On the other hand, you can also sprinkle some amount of baking soda inside of your volleyball shoes, and let your shoes dry overnight. After this, you will remove all the baking soda from your shoes by shaking them off. This might sound like a weird thing to do. That’s why the step 2 procedure will be best for you.
- You can also replace the insole of your shoes because by removing the insole, the base will be consistent. Also, the insole is made up of material that gets warm, and dirty first. Some people prefer to use double insole materials just to make their volleyball shoes clean and neat.
2- Washing Procedure of Volleyball Shoes
After the removal of the smell from your shoes, you can use the old toothbrush for the sake of your outsole. You can brush the old toothbrush on the outsole of your shoes just to extract the extra dirt stick on the sole. You can also use the detergent on your toothbrush for your cleaning process because the use of detergent would make it easier for you to remove the exterior of volleyball shoes.
After cleaning the outsole of your shoes, you can wipe your shoes with some old cloth by rubbing them on. You can also use some amount of water to clean off some amount of rinse detergent on your shoes.
After all this, you can put the fabric sheet inside of your shoes, and let it dry overnight. This will make your volleyball shoes smell good.
First, you should always just try to keep your volleyball shoes clean and neat. If you are doing so, then you should only use your volleyball shoes on the volleyball ground or for some practice purposes. You should always need to keep a spare part of some old cloth or tissues pack to make it clean before and after the practice of volleyball.
How to Clean White Volleyball shoes?
The only method to clean the white area of your volleyball shoes is by rubbing them with white toothpaste. You can use this procedure after the detergent process as we have mentioned above. You can rub the white toothpaste on the white areas of your volleyball shoes to make them more white. All you will need for this procedure will be white toothpaste and a white and clean toothbrush.
- Wipe off the white areas of your volleyball shoes with some old cloth to rinse off the stubborn dirt from the outsole.
- Apply some amount of white toothpaste over the white areas of your shoes, remember not to leave any place.
- Let your volleyball shoes dry for at least 6 hours so that the white toothpaste will sit on that area.
- When all the white toothpaste gets dry on your volleyball shoes, take a brush and brush off all the paste from your shoes by rubbing it on those areas. By doing this, the old stains and marks will also scrub off with white toothpaste.
- After this, wash your shoes with a small amount of water to rinse the extra things from the shoe sole.
- Keep your shoes in some airy areas to get dry for at least 24 hours.
White volleyball shoes will require more effort by scrubbing them with a toothbrush. Because the white areas of shoes get visible easily when they get dirty. Remember to take extra care of your white shoes, or not to go to some environment that will make your shoes get dirty in seconds. Because, if it happens, you will need a lot of time to clean them.
What should be Remembered before Washing the Volleyball Shoes?
Before, you are going to wash your volleyball shoes. You need to take care of a few elements related to it.
- Before putting your shoes into the washer, always remember to take out shoelaces from them. And, you can wash those shoelaces separately.
- Remove the insoles of your shoes, or make them clean separately or you can just replace your insoles if they are in some bad shape.
- Remove the extra dirt on the outsole with the use of old cloth, or you can also use the toothbrush to scrub off the stubborn dirt from the sole due to mud and dirt.
- In the end, make sure to remove the extra rinse water from the shoes by using the dry towel and let the shoes dry for at least 24 hours.
How to Wash Nike Volleyball Shoes?
You can also use the same procedure as we have mentioned above for the cleaning process of Nike volleyball shoes. There is not much difference between the shoes of Adidas, Mizuno, and Asics shoes for the cleaning process. While some volleyball shoes cannot be washed in the machine, depending on if they are new, otherwise, you do not need to wash them in a washer.
On the other hand, you can also use Nike shoes with water-resistance quality. But they cost too much compared to other volleyball shoes. But if you are playing volleyball indoor games, you do not need to use water-resistant shoes.
Also, make sure not to put a lot of pressure while washing Nike volleyball shoes. Most of the Nike shoes used to have shoes with a soft material in them, and by washing you would tear them by scrubbing their material.
How to Clean Volleyball Shoes in the Washer?
By some procedures, you can wash your volleyball shoes in the washer, but not every company recommends this to you. Washing your volleyball shoes in the washer could make them torn apart by their material. Moreover, washing them in a washer would decrease their lifespan as well.
1- Under what Conditions can you wash your volleyball shoes in the washer?
You can only wash your volleyball shoes by using the washer if:
- If you don’t have any options left
- If you don’t have an issue with damaging your volleyball shoes
- If your volleyball shoes are too old, and you don’t care about making them by putting them in a washer.
- If you can buy a new pair of volleyball shoes, so you wouldn’t mind them washing
The overall benefit is not washing your volleyball shoes in the washer. Also, some volleyball shoes will not get damaged by the washing process. Before putting them into the washer, make sure to check if they are washable or not.
All the material about washing your volleyball shoes is here, make sure to check the all-important material you will need to wash your volleyball shoes. Unless you have no options left except washing your shoes in the machine, dont put your shoes at risk by putting them in a washer.